Your new website is ready to go live but have you performed any checks or tests prior to going live?
Here are some of the things that we check before sending a website live…
- Has the website been checked across a range of browsers? You should check Firefox, IE8, 9, 10, Chrome and Safari as a minimum
- Have you prepared the appropriate meta titles and descriptions? This is a part of website on-page optimisation, you should at least make sure that these items are unique for each page of your site.
- Is the website is intended to be responsive? If so have you checked it on a number of mobile phones or tablets? Some of these devices have their quirks.
- Have you created a robots.txt file to help the Google bots index your site?
- Does your site have a sitemap? (more Google bonus points there)
- Do you know how to check visitor stats?